The Rohto Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. has its history dating back from as early as 1899. It was founded by Shintendo Yamada. The company gradually picked up and in 1959 the current head office and plant were set up in Ikuno-ku, Osaka. Due to the great innovations of the company, Rohto Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. was listed in stock exchange. In 1975, Rohto acquired the trademark rights of The Mentholatum Company, Inc.USA. Rohto acquired full management rights of The Mentholatum Company, Inc.USA in 1988. Today, Rohto Mentholatum Group boasts of having operational links in 15 countries in the world with marketing/distribution agreements in more than 150 countries globally. Rohto has main production plants and Research & Development centers of pharmaceutical products and cosmetics in Japan and also across US, UK, China, Vietnam, Hong Kong and Indonesia. With a strong presence across international markets, the company has manpower strength of over 5000 employees. Rohto Mentholatum (Kenya) Ltd was incorporated in Kenya on May 2013 with the aim of expanding the Group's network in Africa for the betterment of the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industry.
Our mission Rohto's "NEVER SAY NEVER" means that we will continue to challenge the future by focusing on moving forward and taking on the challenges, while exceeding the frame of perceived wisdom to make the world a healthier place.
Rohto's Seven Pledges
- We work wholeheartedly to support the society, to create a better world.
- To this end we are resolved to learn with humility and strive continuously towards self improvement.
- We place the highest importance in earning the trust and respect of our colleagues and our external business partners
- We take pride in our corporate culture that fosters lofty ideals, stirs passionate debate and generates energetic actions
- We delight in constantly challenging each other to create waves of happy surprises for our customers worldwide
- Our people are our greatest asset. Our hard working culture, exemplary leadership, determination, passion and the spirit of close cooperation provide the fuel that drives the company.
- We firmly pledge to serve the people, the society and the environment and are grateful for our meaningful existence.
Clients & Partners
Our clientele base cuts across all board. Hospitals, chemists, supermarkets, beauty shops, salons, spas and barber shops are our main clients. With a well structured distribution strategy and a reliable and experienced distribution agent (Harley's Limited in Kenya), we have penetrated the market and availed our products in all parts of the country.